Think of the body as a complex piece of machinery, much like a car: it can go “out of tune” when subjected to the stresses of everyday life such as:
- prolonged static postures
- repetitive movements
- cumulative damage from injuries, accidents and so on
Parts get ‘overheated’ the body incrementally changes to adapt or compensate for the irritation:
- muscles tighten and knot up
- cartilage wears
- swelling occurs
- scar tissue develops
- certain moving parts (joints) can “lock up”
The different body parts stop communicating effectively with one another. The involved areas become inflamed; we then feel pain as the “warning sign.”
How do we fix this?
Our approach is simple, yet thorough:
- Accurately diagnose the problem
- Relieve the pain & irritation by correcting the mechanical imbalances or “dysfunction”
- Stabilize the correction through simple exercises. We stress INDEPENDENCE, not dependence on care.
- Treatment is a process, not an event.
- We match the most appropriate treatment approach to your individual problem.
- As your situation changes, your treatment needs change as will your care plan.
- We weigh your needs and desires when recommending your treatment program.
- Our primary goal is to actively put you in charge of your health.
- Our goal is to reduce your dependence on therapy and thus to improve your quality of life.
Remember: The duration of chiropractic care is always up to you!