We help you with your journey through several stages of recovery.
There are 3 general “phases” of care.
Initial Acute Relief Care
Your first goal while under treatment is to start to feel better; therefore:
- Office visits are more frequent and composed of therapies designed to help offer relief of your symptoms and to show you ways to protect yourself.
- Depending on your age, condition, lifestyle, and response to treatment, repeated visits over 2-3 weeks may be needed to reduce or eliminate your symptoms.
- Adjustment or any change created is temporary and can be reversed in as little as a day as the body goes back to its old habits very quickly. We provide you with self-treatment strategies from the get-go.
- The goal is to achieve stabilization as soon as possible and this is usually the shortest phase of treatment.
- Although your symptoms will subside by the end of this phase of treatment, it is important to continue into the next phase to completely heal and prevent recurrence of your problem.
- Underlying ‘muscle and fascia tissue dysfunction’ as well as wear and tear degeneration often remain after your original symptoms have improved. Rehabilitative care stabilizes your condition and promotes more complete healing.
- Visit frequency is reduced and assigned homework, such as advanced exercises, increases. You learn how to take care of yourself for life to avoid re-injury and you learn how to minimize problems should they arise again.
- Care can last for up to another 2-3 weeks, but is important to complete. (Example: You wouldn’t take your braces off early, would you? Tooth alignment would not be complete. It is important to complete all the phases of treatment.
WE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL YOU ON LONG TERM TREATMENT OR MULTIPLE-VISIT CARE PLANS.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE EVIDENCE SUPPORTS SUCH ‘CORRECTIVE CARE’ TYPE TREATMENT.
WE PROVIDE TREATMENT DIRECTED TOWARDS INDEPENDENCE FROM CARE.
Conversely, we have many patients that have benefitted from appropriate ‘maintenance care’.
- After maximum therapeutic benefit has been gained from your treatment, you may choose to see us on an as-needed basis or on a periodic visit basis for an ‘oil-change’.
- We review and incorporate specific self-help activities and update your exercises. Because many problems are due to chronically poor posture and overuse syndromes, occasional visits can help catch problems before they become more serious.